Day 5: Engage VR
I had the opportunity to explore the Engage platform a few years ago as a guest in Steve Bambury's event. As described below in my new book, The Immersive Classroom, my first Engage experience was done on my computer. At the time, only specific VR headsets and computers were able to download the application and participate.
Fast forward 4 years ahead and Engage released a new mobile application. The app is simple to use. It's easy for the individual to look and move around using the "joystick" at the bottom of the screen. Check out the video below to see a future virtual vendor hall.
"I believe Engage was creating the right platform at the right time." page 93 The Immersive Classroom
Steps to Get Started:
2. Select Start Session
3. Select one public space and join as an individual
4. Explore the space by using the "joystick" at the bottom left corner of the screen
2. Select a space
3. Select "with others"
4. Add a password for others to join (optionally)
5. Mark the group public or unlisted
6. Selec "Copy to Clipboard" to see the session ID number
7. Select Start Session and share the session ID with others
Continue to follow the #31DaysofARVRinEDU this month as we explore immersive resources.
Thanks to ISTE, we are giving away 10 signed copies of The Immersive Classroom. Post how these tools can be used in the classroom on social media using #31DaysofARVRinEDU and WIN! Two weekly winners will be selected.